Joining the Greek Community is a big decision not only for you but your family as well. For up to date facts and frequently asked questions about Greek Life please visit the following websites:
http://www.fraternityinfo.com/ and http://www.sororityparents.com/
- An initiated member of a sorority or fraternity who is no longer in college but is a lifelong member of the organization.
- A formal invitation to join a particular fraternity or sorority.
- A local group at an individual campus of the larger inter/national organization, designated by a special name.
- A person going through the membership intake process for an NPHC organization.
- A newly-formed group of members who have the intent of being chartered as a chapter by meeting inter/national headquarters standards.
- A person who is seeking membership in an MGC or NPHC organization.
- The brother or sister, son or daughter, or grandson or granddaughter of a fraternity or sorority member. Each chapter has its own policies regarding legacies. Being a legacy does not mean automatic membership into that chapter. Nevertheless, special consideration is often given to legacies.
- A fully initiated, lifelong fraternity or sorority member who is active at the collegiate level.
- MEMBERSHIP INTAKE
- The process for culturally-based fraternities or sororities to bring in new members.
- NEW MEMBER
- A person who has accepted a bid to join an IFC fraternity or a Panhellenic sorority.
- POTENTIAL NEW MEMBER (PNM)
- A college woman who is participating in the Panhellenic recruitment process.
- The IFC/Panhellenic process through which students become members of fraternities and sororities.
- RECRUITMENT COUNSELOR
- A neutral member of a Panhellenic sorority who temporarily disassociates from her chapter to serve as an unbiased guide during Panhellenic recruitment.
- A creative form of artistic dance unique to some culturally-based fraternities and sororities, especially NPHC groups.